The Virginia Recycling Association (VRA) was formed in 1990 by a group of individuals committed to expanding state recycling opportunities. Since its inception, the VRA has become the leading resource of recycling information for our members, the general public, the Virginia General Assembly, local government, business, and industry. The 220-member organization is guided by a diverse Board of Directors that reflects the membership.
The Virginia Recycling Association provides leadership in sustainable recycling and resource management in Virginia.
The 2016-2017 objectives of the Virginia Recycling Association are:
- Objective 1: Raise the diversion rate in Virginia by one percent per year
- Objective 2: Increase value of membership to VRA members
- Objective 3: Increase financial stability of organization
- Objective 4: Increased outreach and marketing
- Objective 5: Provide education on relevant topics to members, local and state government, regulators and industry leaders
VRA membership automatically entitles you to access to the most comprehensive and current information in Virginia on the recycling industry, networking opportunities with the leading recycling professionals in the state and the opportunity to help shape statewide recycling policy.
As a member, you have access to the VRA electronic mailing list, or listserv, which allows you to share in information about recycling in Virginia, a list of VRA members, the Job Board, the Newsletter, and all committee business documents.
Visit the membership services page for more detail.