The Virginia Recycling Association (VRA) was formed in 1990 by a group of individuals who are committed to expanding state recycling opportunities. Since its inception, the VRA has become the leading resource of recycling information for our members, the general public, the Virginia General Assembly, local government, business, and industry. The organization is guided by a diverse Board of Directors that reflects the membership.
The Virginia Recycling Association is a non-stock, non-profit Virginia corporation composed of individuals and organizations of diverse interests. The membership is committed to the common goal of promoting recycling as an integral part of resource conservation and solid waste management.
The goals of the Virginia Recycling Association are:
- To promote recycling in Virginia;
- To help promote and implement recycling programs or support structures by facilitating cooperation among public, private sector, and government agencies;
- To facilitate the assembly and exchange of information, knowledge, and ideas relating to recycling.
The Virginia Recycling Association is the only statewide association dedicated to recycling and enhancing recycling development opportunities in Virginia.
- Conducted statewide survey and analysis of recycling end-use markets.
- Developed and implemented a recycling coordinator's training program.
- Annual Conference featuring regional and national speakers and workshops.
- School Recycling Initiative
- Yearly Annual Meeting of the Membership
Benefits of Membership
VRA membership automatically entitles you to access to the most comprehensive and current information in Virginia on the recycling industry, networking opportunities with the leading recycling professionals in the state and the opportunity to help shape statewide recycling policy.
As a member, you have access to the VRA electronic mailing list, or listserv, which allows you to share in information about recycling in Virginia, a list of VRA members, the Job Board, the Newsletter, and all committee business documents.
Visit the membership services page for more detail.