- The amount of grant money shall be determined based on the financial condition of the association and at the sole decision of the board. A Scholarship Committee will be selected by the board each year. The amount of grant money available will be announced at the 1st quarterly meeting of the membership each year.
- Grants applications are due to the Scholarship Committee no later than May 1st.
- The number of recipients and the amount given will be recommended by the Scholarship Committee and approved by the Board.
- The Virginia Recycling Association (VRA) reserves the right to withhold the Scholarship if candidates do not adequately meet criteria or if funds are unavailable.
- All decisions of the Board are final.
Criteria for Applicants:
- Applicants are to be members in good standing of the association or the immediate family of the member including and limited to, husband, wife, children or grandchildren (including step children and legally adopted). In the event all qualified member requests have been fulfilled non-members may be considered by the committee.
- Applicants will be ranked based on the following conditions:
- Academics (GPA)
- Academics and/or Career Goals
- Relation to Member Status
- Recipients will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and all decisions are final.
Applications to include:
- Describe financial need. Additional documentation & information may be requested.
- Listing of courses, grades and/or GPA. (Transcripts are not necessary; however, if you have a copy of grades for any semester, please include with application.)
- Provide information on courses enrolled in and where and how scholarship money would be used if awarded.
- Candidates should include in the application a description of any research, internship, work program or other relevant venture. Indicate if your area of study is directly related to Solid Waste Management, Other Environmental studies, or Non-related (Please describe in detail)
- The nature of the research/internship/work/experience.
- Candidate’s role and performance with the effort.
- The time dedicated to effort.
- Relationship to VRA member.
- Application and supporting materials may be mailed or e-mailed.
- Applications must be received by May 1st.